I've got a bad feeling about this – The Star Wars Thread

But if a person’s first encounter with Star Wars is Episode 1, the probability of them watching a second Star Wars movie is almost zero.

1 Like

I think it’s probably a good entry point for kids tbh

My first was Empire if I recall correctly.

I’d start with Star Wars.

I’d start with 4 purely as the change in special effects will be huge if you go from Rogue through to New Hope

Don’t fucking whinge at me if you click the below before watching S02.

Gina Carano has been fired by Lucasfilm.

Is it really fired if you’re out of contract?

Not really. But I’m sure Disney are happy that the passage of time saved them from making a decision.

1 Like

It’s interesting how Disney’s statement turns into “CARANO FIRED” headlines.

Hornsby Odeon is doing the original trilogy back-to-back for $15 On Friday (today), Saturday, Sunday. If you’ve never seen these movies in the cinema…do it.

Bathurst Metro is too.

Except in Bathurst they call it Car Wars.

Ok I’ll get my coat

1 Like

Car Wars
Triple 8 Whinges Back
Return of the Bogan

Pew pew pew

I think that’s the first time I saw SW on the big screen. Unfortunately it’s the special addition. Still a decently told, simple story.

And I quite prefer the graininess of film as opposed to modern HD digital tech.

The one time I saw the three original films in the cinema was when they brought them out in 1997 for the 20th anniversary of the first Star Wars film. I thought the tweaks and additions were cool at the time. I was in year 6 though.

They jar. They’re so out of place.

Sometimes it’s just pointless. Like in one scene they added a tie-fighter; why? Not like it add anything to the scene besides there being an extra tie-fighter.

Having seen them many times since, I definitely don’t appreciate the additions. 1997 CGI doesn’t marry well with classic practical effects.

1 Like

I’d go back for the originals but not the heavily CGI’d 1997-and-later versions.