Malaysia, Bust or Busted? - The A-League where are they now thread

Pretty amazing for him. Subbed on along with Lewandowski, Kimmich, Sule, Pavard amognst others.

TWG Twitter has a 3min video of his touches. Tidy and comfortable on the ball.

I thought he was a bit rough, but that’s judging him by what I hope he becomes.

Rashad mahazi has signed for incheon in Korea, possibly the most surprising move of the off season

Singh looked solid. Nice ball to the winger that lead to their goal.

Both teams giving each other huge amounts of space of course though til just around the box

Came up in another thread, it’s not AS surprising when you consider they previously signed Kwabena Appiah.

Tyler Boyd has now signed for Besiktas.

His touch was very noticeably aleague compared to everyone else. Struggled to trap the ball first time and his play forward was too far in front of his body.

Yeah that’s exactly how I saw it. I watched that willing him to do well, and I thought he was positionally fine, but execution emphasised what a shit league he’s coming from (and it hurts me to say it).

Singh on against some team from Madrid.

Fuck he should have put that away earlier. Would have been nice

Pretty much Madrid B / Castilla, but he did not look out of his depth at all. First touch set up Gnabry who should’ve scored, did really well to adjust to a deflected cross at the near post and nearly tucked it away, then right at the end buries a lovely finish on the turn but denied as just offside on the buildup.

Still have to expect him to be loaned out, but what a mental few weeks for the kid. Incredible stuff.

He won’t be loaned out, he’s been signed for their B team.

He’s getting the last half hour against Milan now.

Singh got the entire 90 against Spurs. Put away his penalty too.

The way he’s been used he genuinely seems to be behind Sanches as the bench attacking midfielder and wouldnt be suprised if he starts making benches / getting late runs off it for the first team.

Probably needs his own thread now, but Singh on the bench for Bayern @ Westfalenstadion in the German Super Cup. He’s taken pre-season by the balls and looks set to be on the fringes of the first team.

I think that was a really good acquisition," Kovac said. "Singh is someone was originally planned for the second team but what he showed in America and in the two games at the Audi Cup in Munich shows that he is a lot further [along] than some of the other players in the second team.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s not a Brillante at Fiorentina situation.

I think he’s either got to go on loan to a top buli.2 team, or stay training with the first team and getting 5 minutes here and there. Playing for a team bottom of the 3rd isn’t going to do much, and he won’t get enough game time for a first div side.

Former Melbourne Victory triallist* narrowly avoids jail.