Memberships 2020-21

Got our membership cards sent out in PDF form just then, but still not the email alluded to above. Anyone else in the same boat?

I saw this in response from the club on twitter to someone asking where their email was.

“this is a new initiative so we are staggering emails to Members across this week. You should receive your email to access the option in the next few days. We hope you like it. Thanks SFC.”

1 Like

I got both this morning…

I got both this morning and will just be getting the membership cards for me and the kids

I also got both today.

Still waiting on both and very keen to see what I can get.

I’m still just grateful the club is taking a tangible step to reduce waste by doing this.

Yeah, got the email with the PDF this morning and then a little while later got an email about the membership options.

I like that you can choose between two different membership card styles.

I have $220 in my account, I think this is because I have my wife’s membership listed as well plus the club issued credits for the ACL membership. Interested to know what the dollar amount is normally per member? It might differ per tier, I’m a silver member.

I assume if you choose not to purchase any merch the credit will just rollover and you could use it against the following year’s membership?

Have to say, this really is a great initiative, and it’s fantastic that the club has listened to the fans and followed through.

1 Like

I had $75 credit for a solo Cove member if that’s a guide. Felt bad spunking pretty much all of it, but really only ordered a few face masks and a drawstring bag that I’ll use to chuck hoodie and scarf in.

Sure hope the club hasn’t spent $75 on previous years packs that have mostly ended up as landfill, but it’s a win for club, fans and environment that they’ve adopted the new model.

3 Likes

I had $75. Got the card, mug, phone holder and lanyard.

I had $225 due to mine and the kids memberships. Didn’t look like i could spend it once I’d selected the membership cards though?

Man that’s a lot. I would have settled for like a fiver per membership and the knowledge that we’re supporting the club without further trashing the environment to no appreciable benefit.

1 Like

After selecting the cards there’s a button that says “Continue Shopping”, hit that and you’re away.

1 Like

It’s probably just an arbitrary number. This years would have a profit component built in for the club to make some money on their merch, whereas previous packs would’ve just been cost + ship.

1 Like

Oh, hadn’t noticed… thanks

I thought it was generous too and almost felt guilty - but I suppose it may have been a bit of a ‘thank you’ to the members for not reimbursing us for closed doors games etc last season. I think most of the stuff would be pretty cheap to make, and having backpacks, tote bags etc is also kind of free advertising (and also we had to pay for postage too). I still think it’s great, am just trying to make myself feel less guilty about getting free stuff.

Odd. I’m sure it explains this somewhere… It says I have $150 credit. I shop and spend $148 and it wants to charge my card this amount plus shipping?

You have to hit the “Apply Credit” button (or it’s called something very similar), was a bit fiddly and I had to hit it more than once for it to register and leave a NIL balance overall. Therefore card details not needed.

But yes, leave room to cover postage if possible or you may have to contribute a little. Still a bargain.

1 Like

A stubby cooler would have been a good option. Tbh I don’t find anything in the shop appealing.

Ok there it is, thanks

Even less so now.

I received my email on Thursday and had a quick look at what was there, but didn’t grab anything.

Log back into today and now the only T-shirt sizes left are either XS or 120kg uni student (3XL), and no face masks left. The only two items that I might have actually been interested in.

I’ll leave it for a bit and see if they restock.

The email said that if an order isn’t received within 2 weeks they’ll send out a membership card, but it’s unclear if the credit is also only valid for 2 weeks.

Or I could just get $180 worth of $2 bumper stickers…