Pro Wrestling Thread - Now We Conquer

Are aew contracts exclusive?

I would say they would not be completely exclusive, maybe just the core group.

Kenny Omega says that his contract has it written in that he’s allowed to work New Japan dates if they want to book him.

AEW now have a WWE hall of famer on their books

Anyone that doesn’t have a ticket for the PWA show tomorrow night, try to grab one. It’s going to be another hell of a night at Max Watts.

How often are the shows? I know there was one last night, would be keen to head out to their next.

PWA do about one every month or thereabouts.

March 23 is the next one.

Last night was insane again, the main event was so good. Extremely worth heading to PWAPlay.com to see it as soon as the show goes up online. Moretti and Bonza tore the house down.

Can’t believe after that brutal match, Moretti is now wrestling tonight on the Gold Coast in the main event for Pro Wrestling League. Hard working!

Is PWA and evolution from that Newcastle based promotion? Or just the same talent?

PWA and Newcastle Pro are separate promotions, with overlap between the rosters.

PWA evolved out of the old PWA Elite, which was one of a bunch of PWA branches, I think the last one left.

1 Like

you’d almost think it was a work, except for the use of the word BELT, that could never of been Papa Vince approved

I really enjoy Ronda Rousey’s in-ring wrestling career, I just think she’s not quite so good or so quick when it comes to this aspect. Her opponents certainly have fun getting themselves over at her expense on the social medias.

Mikey Nicholls( Nick Miller) is going to be at the next EPW event.

Not sure what capacity yet. It’s something to do with the main event. They’ve added his picture to the cover photo.
It’s Michael Morleone vs. Gavin McGavin.

He’s a EPW old boy so it’s a big homecoming for him.

He’s also joined the CHAOS faction in NJPW, he’ll be one of the 32 entrants in their New Japan Cup tournament this year.

good stuff.
after the last EPW show my wife and my other son are now wanting to go to the next one because we had so much fun.

Caught an EPW talent at the Wrestling GO show in Marayong tonight. Young Stella Nyx is going to be an absolute star, keep an eye on that girl’s career.

It’s time again in NJPW for the New Japan Cup, expanded to be the biggest one ever, a 32 man knockout tournament this year.

I’ve fantasy booked my perfect NJ Cup, what do you think? Who do you want to see do well, or go all the way?

Left bracket:
1st round
Yuji Nagata vs Tomohiro Ishii - Nagata wins in an absolute war.
Tomoaki Honma vs Taichi - Taichi beats the ultimate underdog
Manabu Nakanishi vs YOSHI-HASHI - YH outlasts the old timer
Juice Robinson vs Chase Owens - Juice for the win in what will be a top bout
Kazuchika Okada vs Michael Elgin - Okada wins, no question
Mikey Nicholls vs Hikuleo - Nicholls advances on his New Japan return
Will Ospreay vs Bad Luck Fale - Ospreay finds the going tough at HW level, Fale wins
Henare vs Lance Archer - Both guys go for it like crazy, Archer wins

2nd round:
Yuji Nagata vs Taichi - Infuriating everyone, Taichi steals a win
YOSHI-HASHI vs Juice Robinson - YH with a surprise win
Kazuchika Okada vs Mikey Nicholls - CHAOS leader downs his newest ally
Bad Luck Fale vs Lance Archer - Archer wins for Suzuki-gun in a wild heavyweight brawl

3rd round:
Taichi vs YOSHI-HASHI - Taichi’s plans fail as the YH miracle streak rolls on
Kazuchika Okada vs Lance Archer - Okada survives a brutal battering to triumph

Semi final:
YOSHI-HASHI vs Kazuchika Okada - Okada defeats YH in an emotional epic, being pushed all the way

Right bracket

1st round:
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shota Umino - Tanahashi brushes aside the spirited young lion
Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs ??? - Originally this was supposed to be David Finlay, but unfortunately Debbie-chan is out with an injury. Tenzan beats his replacement.
Kota Ibushi vs Tetsuya Naito - Naito overcomes a wild Ibushi to advance
EVIL vs Zack Sabre Jr - ZSJ reclaims the initiative in his long running battle with EVIL.
Togi Makabe vs Colt Cabana - Cabana gets the win
Yano Toru vs Davey Boy Smith Jr - Some trickery sees Yano advance
Satoshi Kojima vs Minoru Suzuki - Suzuki wins a heated battle with his old foe
Hirooki Goto vs SANADA - Goto outlasts SANADA in a hard hitting war

2nd round:
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan - Tana beats the veteran in a spirited battle
Tetsuya Naito vs Zack Sabre Jr - ZSJ continues his Los Ingobernables slaying
Colt Cabana vs Yano Toru - Yano wins a dream match victory
Minoru Suzuki vs Hirooki Goto - Suzuki puts Goto down

3rd round:
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Zack Sabre Jr - Tanahashi survives a stretching to end ZSJ cup defense
Minoru Suzuki vs Yano Toru - Mercilessly, Suzuki eliminates Yano

Semi Final:
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Minoru Suzuki - The Ace is tortured and, injured from his ZSJ match, is beaten by Minoru.

This leaves Okada from the left bracket to face Minoru from the right. After his epic and emotional semi final win over YOSHI-HASHI, Okada falls at the last hurdle to Minoru Suzuki.

Suzuki wins the New Japan Cup, and goes to Madison Square Garden to wrestle Jay White for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. He forces White to submit, claims the victory, and wins the title at last, becomes one of the handful to ever hold all three major championships in Japanese wrestling.

If that all happened, I would be in heaven. Gotta have a dream, right?!

Yeah she looks pretty good.

She interfered in a match at the last epw show and nailed a sunset flip powerbomb over the ropes on craven to finish the match off.
She got some solid cheers from the crowd.

Not sure if this will worl but heres a clip.

https://www.facebook.com/109714019808/posts/10157109985644809/?sfnsn=mo

1 Like

For those interested in attending anything soon, here’s a little list of upcoming events.

March 10 - World Series Wrestling International Assault (Hurstville Entertainment Centre)
March 11 - World Series Wrestling International Assault (Penrith Panthers)

March 23 - Pro Wrestling Australia - Wahlberg vs Ugg (Max Watts)

March 30 - Newcastle Pro Wrestling #77 (Club Charlestown)

April 27 - Wrestling GO! GOlympic Games 3 (Blacktown RSL)

April 28 - Battle Championship Wrestling Lucha DownUnderGround II (Actors Centre Australia, Leichhardt) *Ken Shamrock and Chavo Guerrero on the card

RIP King Kong Bundy