Pro Wrestling Thread - Now We Conquer

http://www.executivestyle.com.au/melbournes-underground-wrestling-scene-is-australias-hottest-new-sport-h1b9gy

That’s a good article a bit similar to the one about PWA from February.

Great to see some coverage and more eyes on the local scene. I have taken several people to a show this year, their first time ever at wrestling, everyone has had a great time and almost all of them have come back for more.

Get on board, it’s a lot of fun.

Another great night out at PWA last night, fantastic stuff.

Coming up at the next show mid-June looks like a 4 vs 4 showdown the 4 Nations vs TMDK which will be great.

The GM of New Japan was in attendance last night and he announced that Red Shoes Unno will be on the Southern Showdown tour. That’s pretty cool, he’s the most legendary of referees going around. I’m keen.

Roster for the tour now:
Kazuchika Okada
Will Ospreay
Bad Luck Fale
Jay White
Tama Tonga
Tanga Loa
Robbie Eagles
Jado
Gedo

(All 5 members of Los Ingobernables de Japon are booked on a RevPro show in the UK on the same night as the Melbourne show, so there will be NO Tetsuya Naito, EVIl, SANADA, Bushi or Shingo Takagi on this tour.)

AEW have picked up a TV deal with TNT.

Double or Nothing in 15mins

WOOO

Unfortunately not able to watch it today but bought the PPV anyway, will sit down and watch it tomorrow after work.

well you shouldnt be disappointed

couple of hiccups but i think thats to be expected for a new company.

A very solid show with a big mark out ending.

Absolutely loved the show.

It going to be really interesting to See if they can keep the enthusiasm and momentum up once they need to book 2 hours every week.

I for one hope they can. I’ve mostly disengaged since Wrestlemania but really enjoyed DoN.

I really think they’ll be able to do it. They’ve already started to develop a strong backstage staff of creative and experienced workers, and the talent roster is strong.

I think having no scripted promos and giving wrestlers the chance to be creative themselves, and make something of their own will be really attractive to everyone already on the roster, to keep pushing and developing themselves each week. It’ll also make it an attractive place for people to want to come and work.

The working deals with OWE, AAA, and others inevitably to follow will make that freshness and openness a self sustaining thing.

I’m a believer, I’m very much looking forward to what we have to come from AEW.

mox in NJPW bay bee

Kenta!

I am a very positive person when it comes to wrestling but I am really unimpressed with what New Japan have got going for Sydney this tour, and the tour in general.

Really poor organisation for the meet and greet and the matches. A bunch of guys that nobody in Sydney cares about and not the full roster of guys even on the tour.

1. Michael Richards & Andrew Villalobos vs the Filip Brothers.

Two LA dojo young lions vs two Australians that are not over in Sydney. Nobody here is into the Filips, they are only big in Melbourne.

1. Rocky Romero vs Tony Kozina

Why bring a 48 year old US journeyman to this show? Why not put Romero in a good match, with someone like Slex, Mat Diamond or Caveman Ugg? These guys are super over in Sydney and would have a more interesting match.

1. Jack Bonza vs Mick Moretti

The first good decision on the card, but I wish both guys had the chance to wrestle NJPW talent. This will probably be the match of the night though.

1. Aaron Solow vs Chase Owens.

I struggle to see many people caring about this one. The young lions have a big task to get anyone interested.

1. Yano Toru, Juice Robinson, Mikey Nicholls vs Gino Gambino, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa.

This is more like what we are paying stupid money to see. More of the card should have been like this.

1. Tomohiro Ishii vs Toa Henare.

I know he’s from NZ, but Henare isn’t really that “wow!” to be worth a spot in the semi main.

1. Will Ospreay, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada vs Robbie Eagles, Bad Luck Fale, Jay White.

To see Robbie Eagles in such illustrious company will be pretty cool, hard to see Sydney accepting him as a heel though!

Overall I am glad I only (only!) paid $100 a ticket for this show. If I had shelled out the big money for the good seated tickets I would have been very unhappy.

Yeah I’m happy with my decision not to shell out for it, wsw on the other hand is looking fun.

World Series is going to be excellent.

If Marty Scurll doesn’t invite Mick Moretti to join Villain Enterprises, he is a crazy person.

If one of you guys could have a word to moretti about coming back west again that would be great.

Matty Wahlberg is a competitor on the upcoming Australian Survivor.

For the first time ever I will watch Australian Survivor.

PWA tonight at Max Watt’s is guaranteed to be a big one.

Well worth getting out there and taking a look tonight if you’ve got nothing else on.

I have one ticket too many for the New Japan show next Sunday (30th).

Anyone that wants to come along, it’s a mezzanine standing ticket, a flat $100 is the price I paid for it, but I will give it to you for $80, that’s how much it would be with the discount PWA are offering, minus all the transaction fees so you will save money and I won’t lose so much money.

This is a damn cool video.