Pro Wrestling Thread - Now We Conquer

Had hoped there would be cheap tix floating around like their melb shows but it appears not.

Was disappointed that Robbie wasn’t at wsw

I was too, but I think that should mostly rest on WSW themselves for not telling us beforehand or even at the show at all that he wasn’t going to be there.

They aren’t great at communicating stuff like that, the only way I found out Brian Cage was injured and wouldn’t be wrestling at Penrith was by talking to him at the merch table at intermission.

Lol, I found out when I read your post. I think everyone expected him to come out to make the title fight a triple threat. Great night out though.

Fyter fest on now

They’ve got a huge job to back up their first show.

Looking forward to watching it later.

Despite the limitations put on by the questionable usage of the talent, New Japan put on a heck of a solid show tonight.

Sydney people do not care about LA Dojo Young Lions, they do not care about Melbourne wrestlers. Sydney people freakin’ love Jack Bonza and Mick Moretti. Gino Gambino is brilliant.

Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada are god-kings. Yano Toru is the greatest.

And the future of Robbie Eagles has taken an interesting turn.

Very keen and excited about flying up to Darwin for the first ever Pro Wrestling Darwin show this weekend.

I feel like I am becoming the Les of Australian wrestling these days.

Go to crocosaurus cove.

Krackers is a legend. I remember a time in the early 2000s where he would threaten to kill me every time I saw him, it became a consistent thing.

1 Like

All out was a 8/10 for me. Interesting to see what they do with elements that are not working as well as they’d like. That is, everything to do with the dark order and Page not being over.

The Dark Order do absolutely nothing for me either. Not sure how they’ll get anything going with them.

Page can definitely be heated up, the guy is already so good and will only get better.

Out of everything going on in wrestling over the weekend, this is AEW and NXT etc all included, the best show anywhere was actually PWA on Friday night. It was insanely good quality stuff. If you don’t have tickets to one or both days of the Colosseum tournament coming up in October, you’ll be missing out bigtime.

For any AEW fans in the house, one of the eight competitors in the Colosseum Tournament is Orange Cassidy.

First AEW Dynamite was done well. Bit weird watching on Fite TV and seeing the bits in between the ad breaks lol

I enjoyed it, great to see a wrestling show that has wrestling on it!

I think they’ll definitely try to fill in those awkward dead times during ad breaks for the international viewers.

Also, get your tickets to PWA Colosseum, it’s going to be a large one.

Orange Cassidy from AEW
Davis Storm from EPW
Matty Wahlberg
Ricky South
Jessica Troy
Sam Osborne
Chris Basso from Adelaide
Travis Banks of NXT UK

Plus Rory Gulak from CHIKARA to name a few of the notables you’ll see in action.

It’ll shit all over the WWE show in Sydney a couple of days later.

There will definitely be some here who may be interested in this.

December 14th, Jushin Liger wrestles in Sydney, three weeks before he retires from wrestling. Last chance to see the greatest Jr Heavyweight of all, live and up close!

75233847_2471006236286545_4270449045694054400_o|690x388

PWA Night 1 was a lot of fun. I’m not a Orange Cassidy guy but he was over with the crowd who once again were hot all night.

What a interesting time to be following the graps. You got the wednesday night wars with both AEW and NXT put on great shows, NWA powerrr who have whole different thing going on over there and New Japan expanding into the USA. Dont follow Impact but apparently they have impproved.

Theres also the shows from the 73yr old who has lost his mind.

1 Like

A little disappointed the Liger show clashes with a Sydney game, would have been nice to see it.

Not too broken up about i thought because i’ll be at all of the New Japan shows in Tokyo in January so i’ll get to see the tag match against Hiromu and Lee