Pro Wrestling Thread - Now We Conquer

I figure we play Central Coast Mariners three times a season at least, Liger will never be back and I will never get a chance to meet him again, so this show is definitely my priority.

Two day WK is going to be a great experience.

about to settle in to watch WK14 D2. Didnt see D1 but heard it was mental. Please no more landing on the head stuff please though.

Hell of a weekend.

If anyone is looking for something to do tonight, Battle Championship Wrestling are running a show in Leichhardt, and the main event is Mick Moretti vs Ultimo Dragon.

We won’t get many chances to see a legend like Ultimo Dragon live so if you are a fan this is a good chance.

Edge was a surprise entrant in the Rumble yesterday! Can’t believe it was 9 years ago that he was forced to retire with a bad neck.

Was a good rumble. Brock cleaning house had me worried depending on what they would do it, thankfully Drew eliminating him and then winning the rumble, setting up the mania match was the right choice and got over big. Edge returning…scenes.

Really good fun Royal Rumble, Drew McIntyre looked like an absolute star, how freakin’ cool is the Claymore as a finisher? It’s a giant kick spear, he can hit that and look lethal on any wrestler on the roster.

Keith Lee also looked a star immediately during his short stay. Big things coming from him for sure.

re: Claymore

I saw an intereview with Drew and apparently it came about by accident. He went to dish out a big boot, slipped over and landed on his back, liked it and kept using it. Its a great finisher, great name and much better than something overused like a superkick.

Yeah I was exactly the same about being worried that Brock was gonna go through them all… Great surprise to see him eliminated by Drew…

Charlotte won the Women’s Rumble… There’s chatter that she’ll go after Rhea Ripley’s NXT title instead of challenging Becky Lynch or Bayley…
Ronda Rousey could be getting back in the mix as well.

Seeing Rhea Ripley doing so well in NXT really warms the heart.

Australians really are heating up across the world right now. Ripley, Bronson Reed aka Jonah Rock, Brendan Vink aka Elliot Sexton, now Indi Hartwell in NXT.

Buddy Murphy a WWE Tag Team Champion.

Robbie Eagles becoming a more fulltime member of the NJPW roster, Slex just signing on with ROH and Adam Brooks rumoured to be on the way. Shazza McKenzie hopefully getting more of a look in with AEW in 2020.

Ricky South just won the CHIKARA Young Lions Cup, Jack Bonza, Mick Moretti, Adam Hoffman successful in CHIKARA. Moretti and Paris wrestling on a PWG card.

How good is our local scene right now! Amazing to see how many talents getting recognised.

Actually had a beer with Robbie earlier this month in Tokyo (friend of a friend there works for New Japan). Says he’s apparently been full time with New Japan since April. Been Absolutely killing it.

And by had a beer i mean the friend that works for New Japan saw me going to the bar to buy one and took one of Robbies two beers and gave it to me instead.

1 Like

Yeah he let slip some contract info he wasn’t supposed to when he came out to the ring after the conclusion of the last PWA show.

Peyton Royce and Billie Kay in the WWE as well. :+1:

Any other Australian Survivor fans around? This one is for us. Very keen!

World Series Wrestling back for a 2020 tour in June.

First two internationals announced are Darby Allin and Orange Cassidy.

I will definitely grab a ticket to this one.

Invisible Man Spolier Alert.

John Cena is her ex.

Taken a big long break from wrestling since i got back in my Tokyo Dome trip in January, so havent been following any of it.

Unfortunately the bad news of this week has reached me. Shad earlier in the week, and now Hana Kimura.

Yeah both of those are extremely sad. Hard to find the right words, let alone the energy, to talk about it much.

Wrestlemania was brilliant, top to bottom

Well written and well executed