Round 1 - WSW vs Sydney FC - 20/11/21

I doubt Rhyan will be back from Sharjah and ready to go.

He’ll be back. I think we’ll find out in a couple of hours whether he’ll be ready to go or not.

Can someone with their finger on the pulse throw out the predicted XI for the game?

Beardie
Harry, wilko, Donarchie, King
Brats, Caceras
Kosta, Ninko
ALF, Bobo

Brattan suspended isn’t he?

1 Like

We believe Donachie is out with a Groin injury

Yep

Redders
Harry, Wilko, Warland, King
Retre, Caceres
Barba, Bobo, Alfie, Ninko

THB, Grant(?)/O’Toole, Donachie(?)/McGing, Nieuwenhof, Burgess, Kamsoba, Wood

2 Likes

That’s my prediction too.

Must say I had higher hopes for ticket sales. Hard to know exactly how many are left, but you can still get ten seats together in a fair few bays around the ground, including in our allocation.

Still haven’t received tickets from Ticketek yet. I could have sworn they send them out by now.

I’m guessing they delay sending it out to stop scalpers?

Yeah, I’m getting a little nervous. It does say they will be uploaded “at least 48 hours before the event”. If I can’t access them tomorrow I’ll be giving them a ring.

Hard to say, I think the crowd will end up being low 20s. Still a few days of ticket sales left.

Ticket prices were reasonable but at the same time I think having a derby as the first game of the season is a bit of a mistake as there’s no real momentum and it feels like less is at stake in terms of ladder position or a finals spot etc. Apparently on their side it’s also confusing as some are able to use their membership but some needed to book a ticket. Weather also looking pretty bad which doesn’t help. Oh and I wonder how much of their fan base isn’t yet double vaccinated…

I’m making excuses for them a bit but I think the above all comes into consideration. It’s still a bit sad that they will probably only be able to muster around 15,000 of their supporters in their shiny new stadium with probably 1/4 of the total crowd being away fans.

Anything sub-25k is disappointing, IMO. Or at the very least, that’s where we should be at, considering we got 60k to this game at one point.

Low 20s is just nowhere near where we should be.

1 Like

your biggest issue is still going to be Covid scarring some people away. Plus as said, there’s no momentum currently being built up

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of opening round derbies either. Let the teams settle in a bit and have the derby after a few rounds at least. Makes for a more anticipated fixture, and as you said, there’s some context in terms of ladder position.

2 Likes

Agree. Would rather a scratchy game vs someone else then play them MW2-3.

Do we still fire up? I like to revisit the classics.

4 Likes

This is the way I would like to see us start.

Elvis-------------Alf/Bobo-------------Baba

Milos-------------The Hoff-----------Burgess

King/Zullo ---- Wilko ---- Warland ---- Grant

------------------Redders---------------------

1 Like

I most respectfully disagree.