Round 12 - Perth vs Sydney FC - 9/1/19

Professional footballers having trouble playing two games in five days? I’d expect them to be able to manage relatively easily.

Regardless of midweek or not, their body clocks/routines are by default behind for any away trip they do.

Edit: There’s also ACL midweek football on too which we’ve been involved in last couple seasons. It’s part and parcel for me

This suits our personnel so much better, especially against 3 at the back.

Castro wearing his first season socks with holes everywhere, trying to con the ref he’s being hacked.

I mean, we haven’t even been able to get close to him, let alone hack him.

Well they were in Brisbane on Sunday…

1 Like

We look way more fluid after the changes and the change of formation.

Caceres and De Silva have both shown more within 10 minutes than De Jong did for 70. I don’t believe that SdJ deserves a starting spot in his current position.

So we haven’t kept a clean sheet since November 2nd.

Can’t disagree with this tbh.

I still don’t think Corica will change the squad next game. He is too stubborn.

So the shitty My Football Live app video stream has packed it in this half, but is it right that De Jong went off holding his hammy? If so, that enables Corica to make a change, cos he sure as hell won’t budge on the preferred starting 11 for any other reason.

Yep. Good thing for Popovic he made about 5 changes to his starting team while we made 0 :confused:

He was holding his hamstring at various times throughout the game, and went down holding his groin earlier in the first half.

The only solace I can take from this match is that at least we made Juande miss midweek rehearsal with his Alice Cooper cover band.

2 Likes

Tratt for Retre.

DDS for SdJ.

SdJ for Brosque if fit.

Moral victory, won the second half 1-0 and didn’t concede another 3 as I was expecting.

Bring on Sunday…

1 Like

…I’ve seen teams suck before, but…

At least it wasn’t a RoT level of suck.

3-1 flatters us. Absolutely abysmal. We need to change the squad majorly before the next game, because Adelaide would tear this team apart.

Meh, even when we lose it’s to a team coached by Poppa & Foxe, goals scored by Joel & Santa.

Forza Sydney FC.

1 Like