Round 14 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle - 19/1/19

Calver couldn’t read a fuckin children’s book

According to the ABC commentary both Retre & Milo2 had a cold/the flu during the week.

DDS looking good.

Another fine effort by ALF, would have been a goal had Italiano been their goalkeeper :wink:

The reporting was Milos was sick and Retre had a twinge. Maybe he has come down sick too now?

Good thing the ref didn’t drop his card into a patch of red mud

No one else in this team can play RB right? Calver just isn’t quick enough to play there.

Wonder how many more of those before he realises he’s not Grant or Retre or Tratt and can’t commit forward in quite the same way. A shame for our structure - we won’t be able to stretch them wide on the right.

Yeah Calvers always been a CB and looked awkward at RB. It’s a shame as he deserved a good run at CB

I mean Grant, Retre, Calver how many RB options do we need

Bugger both fullbacks on yellow cards now

Pretty sure Caceres played there in Warren Joyce land. And Brilliante has definitely played there.

Aaaah, superb build up, was sure it was going to 1-0

Did you mean Tratt rather than Calver as the right back option

This commentator is less bad than the other ones.

Retre has a groin injury apparently.

DDS going down is the last thing we need.

Yeah sorry I was thinking of Tratt but forgot to list. Point is there’s four proper RB options and then yeah Brillante if super desperate

Now de Silva injured too

Good old Owen Goal.

De Jong has to be one of the laziest or most gutless players we’ve had at this club. It’s like playing with man short much of the time.

1 Like

Is Boogard the world record holder for own goals?

I dunno Robbie, not sure if Alex would’ve got to that cross if Boogers hadn’t got involved.