Round 18 - Sydney FC vs Western Sydney - 28/02/2020

I’m with you, my kids are swimming in Orange on Saturday and Sunday. A wet weather postponement would be handy…

Yeah I’ve got a lunchtime birthday at Dee Why that I’m basically turning up to, saying “Happy Birthday” and then fucking off from at 2pm.

Who knew about this? Amazing he’s still able to play. What a guy.

3 Likes

He’s shaving his hair to raise funds for Leukaemia Foundation.

Let’s smash that target when it’s up and running.

2 Likes

What would 150-200mm do to the pitch over the next 30 or so hours?

Disappointed that I’ll be missing this game. Hopefully we rectify what occurred in round 3 and burst WSW’s tiny bubble they built following their average display last weekend.

It’ll be good to see old Puddleinho back on the field. He definitely had a bad off-season, not really getting many appearances in the league. Especially after his stellar performances in the early a-league seasons…

It’d be a smart idea to cancel it, they might get wet otherwise [/dad joke]

1 Like

dogshit ref. Attention whore who puts Beath’s ego to shame. The genuflecting he gets from people /media around being some great ref is fuckn mystifying.

2 Likes

When I watch games that he’s referred I’m reminded why watching ACL/Asian Cup games can be so frustrating form a refereeing perspective.

I’m betting on Deluge 1 - Football 0.

Including school carnivals, we’re at probably 8 a year. I pull that joke out every time. Even better when it’s raining but the carnival is at an indoor pool and I can use the “good thing we’re inside, I’d hate for you two to get wet” line.

1 Like

Remember the cricket square in the middle of the scg in the 80s?

Probably not that bad.

It appears to be based on around the idea that he lets the game flow. The consequence of course being what we saw in the first derby, whereby WSW were allowed to get away with murder throughout the game.

Shops in Byron Bay are flooded,that rain is heading south.

Probably arrive Saturday,it wouldn’t surprise me if the council closes the ground.

I don’t know how well Jubilee drains these days but “back then” it wasn’t great.

I’m sure it’s improved,the thing is,the worse the conditions,the higher chance the visitors have of getting close.On a dry day,it’s FC by a country mile.In a heavy slow bog,the equation changes.

Don’t know where you’re based Viska, but the rain is well and truly here already too. 120mm at Observatory hill in just over 12 hours. So if those even more intense falls do end up reaching down here, there’s no way this is going ahead tomorrow.

When was the last time an A-league was postponed due to rainfall…? I really don’t see a possibility of this happening

1 Like

Has to be close to unprecedented rain, though. Last one in my memory was the Brisbane/Welly game at Suncorp being stopped at around the 70th minute.

Postpone the game to Tuesday when were supposed to play ACL.

It’s really not that bad, can’t see this one being postponed. Derby at ANZ had insane rainfall beforehand, really really heavy and in a short period. Only got delayed because of lightning and from memory the pitch played pretty well.