Round 26 - Sydney FC vs Western United - 15/08/20

Yeah it feels way more normal. Beautiful weather, and while everyone is more spread out than usual, it feels better at Leichhardt than it does at Jubilee.

Is it too harsh to say that was a very poor ball from Kosta?

Rhyan makes a massive difference. We are a different team entirely with him out there. He gets the best out of ABJ

Similarly, if Zullo is properly fit, he’s got to be starting in every game now.

Hopefully that’s just precautionary for Zullo.

Get the blankets.

Burgess must be learning so much off Diamanti. Looks like an absolute gun now.

Fuck sake

Why did it have to be him?

Ah well I’m still not that worried, that was massively against the run of play.

We’re looking good going forward. King has to wake up FAST, though. He’s had a horrid start. Just let Pieiras run past him a few minutes before.

OH Jesus Christ

Remember when Diamanti wasnt deemed good enough for the marquee fund…

It meant Melbourne Victory couldn’t play him. Just imagine how much he would’ve fucked us up if he was able to sign at the time.

1 Like

That marquee fund was for players who’d bring casuals and outsiders in. It wasn’t really for good players but for names. No one was dropping MV from giving him a marquee contract and paying his wage. But I can pretty much guarantee he would have been enjoyed and appreciated by the same A league fans who are already on board, without bringing fan boys in.

Oh yeah things would have been very different

Fixed.

5 Likes

I love Diamanti, just wish he wasn’t up for it tonight

Just quietly, this is a great game. Most up for it we’ve looked since the restart

1 Like

There have been a maximum of 4 players in the history of the AL who would have justified that fund - Dwight, Delps, Cahill and Harry. And the last 2 proved in hindsight that Australian players don’t justify inclusion either.
Had we gotten Torres that would have been another proper one. Honda was given such a spot but there is no way he should have qualified, but by 2018 FFA was completely desperate.

It’s painful seeing Burgess look so good