Sauce Bottles FC - The Marinators Thread

I’d love to see Charlesworth pull the pin now, just so FFA have to carry the can and start paying Staj’s wages again.

5 Likes

If you had watched the times in matches since Christmas you would see a correlation with good performances of the team and Hiariej. He is not creative in the since of taking on players and dribbling through a team, but for providing precision passes with vision, turning defence into attack and linking the defence with the forwards, he is one of the best.
He is also lovely to watch when he takes away the ball from someone trying to waltz through our midfield.
If he is fit enough there is hope.

Staj and CCM at the moment is a very fortuitous fit.

An experienced coach who had no future and a Club that no experienced coach would touch with a six foot pole, (and I do not know any six foot Poles or Russians, for that matter, who would touch them either).

Hopefully the fates have made a dream marriage.

The interesting times continue.

2 Likes

Done deal

Also, what’s the backup keeper there like? No young option they can go with?

Great appointment I reckon. I honestly don’t see how they could have done better.

Brave man taking on that role,theres pressure to win every game now!

But look on the bright side,he only has to take a 10th place team up instead of a 12th placed team…and hes already used to toxic culture so should feel right at home.
Whens the secret survey starting,i’ll fill it out!

Comments from Charlesworth…

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/i-ve-stuffed-up-but-won-t-be-jumping-ship-says-defiant-mariners-boss-charlesworth

How can you get a decision wrong if you do nothing?

1 Like

I don’t think there is much risk for Staj as they can’t go any worse & they’re pretty much guaranteed of coming last so there is no real pressure to do any better but if he can snag a couple of wins he looks like a genius.

I’d be happy happy with a win against Newcastle this weekend and one against the Plastics in the last round. We are unbeaten against them this season with four points.

1 Like

putting one of the inflatable sauce bottles in goal would be a better option than Kennedy

2 Likes

Oh yeah. He has been one of our biggest contributor of shitness this season. I have no doubt if we had a Jamie Young in goals we would have doubled our points tally.

It may have even saved Mulvey’s job.

You do know where Jamie Young’s team is positioned don’t you?

Was listening to the boot room podcast this morning. Apparently because Bolt is sponsored by Puma, and Sydney FC’s kit is Puma, Sydney were offered Bolt before Mariners but they were very quick to respond with a definitive “no”, citing that they’re a professional football club and therefore would never consider it. Not sure what that says about the Mariners :wink:

He was offered to everyone in the league.

I don’t doubt that.

Bullshit. He supported the Mariners as a boy in Jamaica.

1 Like

Worth a read.

1 Like

Well, they’ve got Adam Pearce. From what I’ve seen though, his credentials as a goalkeeper is questionable to say the least.