Sydney FC Women 2018-19

I don’t think De Vanna is done as a starter yet but she probably needs to be put into a role that’s less demanding of her physically, though. At 34, its no longer possible for her to run around the park with seemingly infinite energy. Foord is playing up front but is also perfectly capable of playing wide. Foord hasn’t had the best season but obviously managed to cash in on the weekend, so maybe its best just to keep her there.

Cracking shot

Play suspended due to lightning, don’t know which way this storm is headed but I’ve had it for last 30 minutes in the south West

Was at Cromer Park and have just got home. Looked like the game wasn’t restarting any time soon. Hopefully it does restart and I can watch the rest on the comfort of my couch :slight_smile:

Aaaaand we’re back.

Not a great restart…

De vanna throws a massive tantrum after being subbed, she was an absolute passenger all night and missed an absolute sitter. Princess sets up the second goal with her first touch.

Yeah, nothing more reassuring for a coach than when you sub off someone and they throw a tanty and then the replacement is involved in a goal within a minute. Don’t think De Vanna had any right to be pissed off.

And Princess wins a free kick which leads to the third.

I just tuned in and what, because of the unexpected delay some fuckhead forgot to change the light settings? Never change W-League. :joy:

Ibini is on fire tonight. Unlucky not to score again.

And there it is. 5-2 now. Great hit from outside the box.

Where were all these goals when we needed them? 10 in 2 games. Still prone to conceding soft goals. Those ball over the top are a real weakness. But if we keep scoring like that then ayeeee.

Vuck are losing 3-1 at Brisbane, which means we will only be 4 off top after 6 games, and starting to pick up momentum - at least in attack.

0-1 up after 28 minutes on a stinking hot Perth day, Alanna Kennedy putting another free kick into the top corner

Kerrth Glory win 2-1, some utterly shite turnovers and defending.

It was over 100 on the old scale.

All the more reason to keep the ball. The turnover down our left immediately leading to the winner is a prime example… easy, easy square ball inside, instead go for the miracle hoofed diagonal and cop one the other way 30 seconds later.

This could very well be the first time our girls miss the finals, and with that squad on paper…

That free kick was a perfect hit. Remember she scored a lovely one too against Victory

Yesterday’s one was even better - so difficult to get it over the wall and under the crossbar from that close in. Great hit.

Kerr’s second goal was a brilliant header as well, such good forward play.