Sydney FC Women 2018-19

Oh yeah that one makes the Victory one pretty average. Both belters though

Half time, 1 - nil up with an air of inevitability about a second goal

McCaskill gets her second. 3-1 in injury time. Great strike from a standing position.

W-League derby tonight:

Up 2-0 at the moment. Great opening goal:

3-0 now and Western Suburbs down a player as well. A couple of goals to Foord.

Took my nieces to this game (9 and 11) and they had a ball. 2 quality goals, penalty and a sending off. It was their first ever football game and they got to walk out with the players. They’ll definitely be back.

2 Likes

Nice. Now make sure they get registered and start playing this year too. :wink:

The eldest (11) dropped playing basketball last year to play her first season of winter 11-a-side, and has been playing summer 6-a-side as well. She loved basketball and was playing that at state level, so for her to drop that in favour of playing football was a massive thing. She’s now in a team as that’s part of a development program, so positive signs there. She’s always been very athletic and has recently taken up cricket as well. Was joking with my sister about her being the next Ellyse Perry.

4 Likes

Really enjoyed last night’s match. Leichhardt is such a great ground and I felt even though we didn’t play as well as we could, we showed some defensive solidity we haven’t shown in ages. Polias was massive I thought, as were Kennedy/Ralston.

Leichhardt is awesome. I’m really looking forward to our A League games there this season. I don’t follow the W League that much, but I thought the game last night was really entertaining. Was also good to see the girls jump from 6th to 3rd in the table off the results of one game.

1 Like

The response to her debut has been great to see. I really hope she makes it.

1 Like

Roar today at 5pm. De Vanna’s travelled, while Taylor Ray got confirmation earlier this week of an ACL injury. Gutted for her. Been really solid this season.

0-0 so far just before half-time. It seems quite rare the W-League team is playing at the same time as the men’s team.

3-1 win to Sydney in the end. Caitlin Foord got a double after Natalie Tobin scored the opener. Good result on the road. Only one point off Victory at the top of the table, although they still have to play the Jets.

Caught the last 25 - looked pretty awful the pitch. Hope Ralston’s knock isn’t too bad.

So if we can beat Melbourne on Sunday, we’ll go top…

Cut and paste for the men’s them too?

The women go 1-nil up at 35 minutes