The English Football Thread

Fuck I hope Liverpool choke big time. I’ve actually got nothing against the team but i know a number of guys that follow them and they will be unbearable. They already are

It’s been 30 years, let us have our fun.

Couldn’t possibly be as good as Istanbul, mind.

I actually find non LFC fans talk about their title hopes/chances more than LFC fans themselves. I’m not particularly mouthy, but when I think back to all the shit i’ve copped for being a LFC fan over the years, the more it makes me want to give it out and be unbearable.

With all that said, I still have a feeling City will win the league. Their squad is possibly the best in Europe and the pressure on LFC to win the title grows and grows every week.

Damn straight, the amount of flak people give liverpool fans is probably greater than any other team (bar Man U this year). Give us just one year.

Pressure is mounting on City to catch up as well. They’ve slipped up a few times this year, which helps us to no end.

Liverpool fans are just as fake and plastic as every other EPL or big euro side

That said wouldn’t expect anything else but for them to stuff this up

Chelsea getting pumped by bournemouth, Tottenham losing to watford and liverpool drawing against Leicester (which isn’t a bad result in the context of the last couple of days)

Liverpool with a clear penalty not being given

Yeah Keita should have have had a penalty. Robertson gave a needless foul away as well.

Sadly though, Keita is looking like a colossal waste of money.

I’m not sure which foul was more ridiculous to give away, Robertson’s this morning or Brillante’s at the weekend. Given there were about 20 seconds of the half left and Wijnaldum was covering it was an inexplicable decision to make that challenge.

Liverpool being Liverpool this morning

Very frustrated this morning as a liverpool fan. Shocking defending for Antonio’s goal from Keita. But I don’t know how the linesman got that offside wrong for Mane’s goal, he was no where near the offside line. We got away with one there

Yeah horrible call for the linesman who got a fair few calls wrong last night. Particularly against Salah. I’ve always been one who subscribed to the idea that these calls even out over the course of the season. See the Keita penalty decision against Leicester.

Frustrating period for us. Despite our back to back draws, we’ve only seen our lead over City reduce from 4 to 3 points. The injury list is absolutely brutal right now. I can’t help but feel it will be what ultimately decides the league.

Chelsea slapped with a transfer ban by FIFA for the next two windows. They can sell but not buy.

Surely that’s gonna fuck their plans of arsing Sarri as no one else is gonna take that job without access to Roman’s wallet.

Don’t clubs appeal these and then there’s delays and they get one transfer window to sort things out before the ban is enforced. Pretty sure that happened with Barcelona and real Madrid

It’s probably going to benefit them. They have 30+ players out on loan, many of them young players who Jody Morris worked very successfully with for several years. If the rumours of Frank Lampard replacing Sarri at the end of the season are true then Morris will come back with him and those players, along with Hudson-Odoi, Ampadu, Loftus-Cheek etc. will be part of the first team, not sent back out on loan.

I’ve been a Spurs fan since I was a young kid. My grandmother actually got me into them. Surely a form of child abuse. Seriously is there worse team you can follow. They always give you just small gimmer of hope that has u thinking maybe this year but always let you down. I’d prefer they were shit and just enjoy the odd victory. What’s that quote in the In Bruges movie, something like Spurs being like Purgatory. Too fucking right

Brilliant movie (my Avatar kind of gives away that I’m a fan).

1 Like

Fulham sacked Claudio Ranieri

Last time we had three managers in a season it worked out really well… That said if you were going to make a change there’s little time to waste. Don’t see us staying up though - spent a lot of money on the wrong part of the pitch unfortunately

Some massive games this weekend. Derbys in North London, Liverpool and Sheffield