The English Football Thread

Potentially an important result in the Merseyside derby as City jump ahead by a point.

I wouldn’t be surprised if both City and Liverpool drop a game or 2 from here. Impossible to pick a winner I rekon.

My predicted top 5:

1. City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Man United
  4. Spurs
  5. Arsenal

Obviously not much change other than United moving up one spot. I expect to see a little bit of movement between City and Liverpool during the remaining rounds but I think City will edge it.

West Brom just sacked Darren Moore despite them being in fourth.

Without knowing knowing any of the details about their squad, that seems ridiculous to me.
Also telling Darren Moore he’s sacked would be a tough gig!

Makes perfect sense to me.
As soon as news filtered through to the UK that Mike Mulvey was available they had to act.

1 Like

Grealish comes across as a bit of a dick, but this is taking it a bit too far…
And two more pitch assaults as well, WTF?

Unhappy members of the playing squad were demanding a female coach?

2 Likes

Fulham relegated. One of those things you dont see coming at the start of the season but in hindsight makes a bit of sense.

This weekends semifinals will be shown now…

The seesaw that is Norwich are heading back to the premier league.

Also Sheffield United are looking pretty locked in to come up with them.

Leeds, West Brom and Villa are all locked for the playoffs only Derby and Middlesbrough fighting it out for the last spot.

Remarkable given they were in League One throughout 2011-17.

Leeds v Villa :astonished::astonished::astonished:

I don’t think Leeds did anything wrong and they shouldn’t of given up a “goal” to appease Villa.

Your always taught to play the whistle no matter what.

I think it was a fair call to allow the return goal. It was made to look like the Leeds players were going to kick the ball out, it led the Villa players to stop play and Leeds capitalized. If the goal had completely stood, it would be a discussion on poor play by Leeds. If the players hadn’t slowed down and just continued to play without looking like they would kick it out, then I wouldn’t see any issues and you play the whistle.

The biggest issue is that stuff like this, stems from the fact that players milk injuries to stop and disrupt play. I’ve said it before, there should be an enforced period in which, if a player stops the play claiming injury, they should sit on the sideline i.e. 5 minutes. If you’re injured enough to have to stop, you shouldn’t be allowed to come back on immediately.

1 Like

Biggest question for me (and I don’t know the answer) but was the player who went down substitued due to injury or was he fine.

If it was the latter I would be spewing if i was a Leeds fan.

I agree with blake - play to the whistle

Kodjia, the injured player, was substituted off in the aftermath. The worst bit for mine was Villa player El Ghazi getting sent off because of Bamford’s simulation.
Paulska’s interpretation is correct, it did appear that the Leeds players were about to kick the ball out and the Villa players did pull up in anticipation of this.
I thought Biesla’s act was an all-too-rare act of sportsmanship, I don’t remember ever seeing anything like that before

If they’d have just played on and scored, agree, it’s happening more and more, but there were two occasions there where Leeds looked as if they were going to stop play and put the ball out but didn’t.

Was he substituted due to injury or due to the fact they were reduced to ten men and it made sense tactically?

I think the thing being most overlooked here is how only John Terry could still carry on like an absolute bellend in the face of such sportsmanship.

1 Like