The Jack Rodwell Date with 828/Eclipse the 946

In Costanza voice:

Jack, WE’RE GIVING YOU A RAISE!!

1 Like

Jack felt his calf during the first half against Brisbane Roar at Suncorp Stadium last weekend. He has had scans which have revealed a tear.

He will undergo rest before undertaking a rehabilitation program and is expected to remain on the sidelines for a number of weeks.

Yeah at least 6 I reckon. I definitely went too early with my guess above. Looking good with yours, @denmil

King out for 6 weeks too. Get ready for a tissue paper backline.

Since Rodwell joined we’ve played 46 games

He’s started 17 of them, and we’ve had a 11W-3D-3L record, conceding an average of 1.24 goals per game

In the 29* he didn’t start, we’ve gone 10W-4D-15L, conceding 1.76 per game.

* 24 missed altogether through injury, 1 as an unused sub first week back from injury, 3 times came on as a sub working his way back from injury, 1 not named in the matchday squad (but available AFAIK)

9 Likes

Yeah for all the fun and games with this number, the bottom line is that with him out, we suffer. His injury record needs we are competing sub par in our back line for half each season at least.

1 Like

The Jack Rodwell signing from WSW to sydney is on par with the Vedran Janjetovic signing from Sydney to WSW. An absolutely embarrassing bit of business the club did herr

I don’t think so, I can’t recall any time Rodwell embarrassed this club or himself when he was on the field, he has played well in the limited times he can.

7 Likes

Agreed. When he’s fit and on the park, he’s actually a very good player.

Problem is he’s rarely fit and on the park.

Janjetovic was an average keeper at the best of times. Came up with a few decent games, but was generally a liability.

2 Likes

What about all of those times when the team put in embarrassing performances because the club was wasting however-many hundreds of thousands of dollars in a salary-capped league on a player who can’t make it onto the field?

It was a predictably horrible signing which ultimately cost Corica his job. Give us a fit marquee CB for all of 2022-23 and 2023-24 and we’re a very different team.

The only mitigating factor is that he’d already had his one season to adapt to our league incl. the stock standard “adjustment to hard Aussie pitches”.

Like Kosta and ABJ before him there was some merit to acquiring a foreigner who wasn’t just setting foot in the country for the first time.

His injury record would’ve of course been weighed up, we still rolled the dice, and to this point we are getting peach baguetted in the VFM stakes.

Isnt the big problem that his current injury record with us, is different to his previous injury issues?

We’ve been ripped off in product, price, value and importantly a visa spot.

If I had overpaid for a notoriously bad car (a lemon) that turned out to have a rooted gearbox and inturn I ended up just catching the bus everywhere instead. I’d be embarrassed.

Yeah but when you drive that car, it is the best thing you have driven. Looks graceful, reads the road and is smooth as fuck you’d think… maybe, just maybe, that gearbox is going to be ok for a year.

until it breaks again

5 Likes

So he’s english, must be a land rover

When he sits still, does he leave an oil puddle?

Like driving an old Alfa.

2 Likes

Or a Jaguar, before BMW bought them out. Lovely car to look at or drive but when you see one standing still it’s a 50/50 probability that it’s parked/broken down.

1 Like

That may be but comparing him to Vedran is harsh to say the least. Also, people are still acting like Rodwell was a direct swap for Milos N. Wanderers chose to swap out Redders for Vedran. Milos N. opted to get Visa rates at Wanderers (Well, until he did get the citizenship the same season), and we later signed Rodwell. If anything, he was somewhat indirectly a swap for an also injury prone yet much younger and promising Hof.

The Jag would be a Series 1 XJ6.

Are these car analogies saying we should have him impounded?