The Jack Rodwell Date with 828/Eclipse the 946

Any club update . Think it was “a number of weeks” on 10-Jan.

Just look at the timer on the microwave above

52 is a number of weeks, innit?

“Sydney will be without Joel King and Jack Rodwell for at least the next month due to injury.” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

He was on Joe Lolleys instagram on the bike at training - what is his injury?

I’m assuming it’s a stationary bike but just the same I hope he was wearing a helmet

17 Likes

It was a “calf strain”
Those are a bastard because you need to basically completely rest that bit, you can’t strengthen or stretch your way through it.
This thread will remain quiet for a while yet.

Fucking hell… surely it’s in Sydney’s best interest to just rule him out and get a new player in for injury… Unless the owners aren’t interested and doing it to somehow save on salary

I’ve been saying it for months.

The whole point of an injury replacement player, is to replace a player that’s long term injured.

If Rodwell doesn’t fit the bill, I don’t know what does. The injury replacement players salary doesn’t go towards the cap, and you can pay them up to the amount the injured player is on.

Obviously I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, but the fact that this hasn’t been action yet just seems crazy to me. Obviously wasn’t effective, or Corica realized he wasn’t very good, but we got Vlastelica in from Sydney United as a stop gap. Surely we can bring in somebody - on loan most likely.

1 Like

Except he’s played within that time frame, which shows you’ve been wrong about that.

2 Likes

Indeed he has.

And now he’s injured for an indefinite period of time. Again.

Yeah, but obviously it’s not expected that it’s long enough to rule him out for the season. So we can’t replace him.

Being injured repeatedly is not the same as injured for the long term.

He’ll get back on board for long enough to kill it for a few weeks and we throw a new long term marquee/captain deal at him!
Four more years! Four more years!

I just really want to know who makes the final injury cover decision. Does an independent physio need to get involved? Or can the club make the ruling themselves.

I would imagine that from an insurance perspective at least (we wouldn’t want to be paying two salaries for one player/position) there would have to be an independent assessment made.

You know, if we had the foresight to ask someone to come on board as an Injury replacement only, turn up to training all season and only officially be given a contract when Rodwell was injured, he would have played more than Rodwell.

4 Likes

You know what would have been great foresight?

SFC Coaching staff: "So here are our options for players this season. Jack Rodwell is off contract with the mob up the road.
Corica: "Hmmmm, yes. Jack Rodwell. He’s a great player.
SFC Coaching staff: “Well, yes, when he’s fit he can be an excellent problem. But there’s just one little hitch”
Corica: “Go on…”
SFC Coaching staff: "The bloke is more fragile than a boomer in the comments section of the Daily Telegraph. He gets hurt more times in the space of a season than Taylor Swifts heart in an album. He’s too much of a risk and a liability, chances are he’s going to spend more time on the physio’s bench, than on the field. And it’s a risk given Alex Wilkinson’s age and decline physically.
Corica: "You’re right. He’s a good player when he’s fit. But he’s got an extensive injury history dating back to his Premier League days. Let’s not take the risk of spending money on a player who is going to be injured more than he plays, what other options can you provide me with?

4 Likes

Weirdly enough that guy should be Aaron Gurd, but I guess we’ve gone off him?

Shortly after he broke his leg I think…

Was before that tho right?

But breaking his leg isnt going to make it any easier for the lad