The Jack Rodwell Date with 828/Eclipse the 946

The club surely knew what they were signing up for. They have no right to complain about how its turned out.

5 Likes

People build careers everyday on the fake it till you make it mentality in corporate jobs. That mentality just doesnā€™t quite cross over to skill based jobs. I get asked regularly by clients if I can do x or y for them and get paid handsomely for it but my response is always you dont pay me to practise, youā€™re better off with someone else. Iā€™m not a grifter.

Got to agree though. His signing is 100% on the club. I just cant understand how such a monumental fuck up has been made. Its so embarrassingly bad itā€™s like weā€™ve been scammed.

Lets see, get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars by clubs willing to do it, or get paid a portion of that and have to work your arse off? If a club is dumb enough to take thr risk on him, itā€™s on them

1 Like

Hi mate, do you want to get paid twice the yearly average salary every week to pay football?

No thank you.

4 Likes

But youā€™re reeally injury prone.

I think Iā€™m good now. I believe in myself!

Anyway itā€™s all a moot point. He has turned a corner with all his injuries. He should be good to go for another season or 2 now

2 Likes

Whoever did this guys medical needs to be brought up on criminal charges.

Thereā€™s video footage of him doing his medical.

6 Likes

Two points:

a) Donā€™t sling personal attacks on women you donā€™t know

b) If you were gold-digging, why choose somebody on AL wages, even foreign player marquee wages? Just hang around in Double Bay bars, youā€™ll find someone far wealthier

I just hope he has temporary accommodation sorted, before he is evicted from his long term stay on our injury list.

Rodwell was on Ā£73,000 at Sunderland, good luck finding someone earning $7.5m a year at the pub

That is a funny term for Indian Super League.

Iā€™d offer him minimum wage with a significant performance bonus contract.
Heā€™s either going to be cheap or we get what we pay for out of a designated player.

Thereā€™s no doubt that heā€™s absolute quality when he plays, itā€™s just the minutes per dollar rate is far too high.

3 Likes

Foreign spotā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah even on min wage the foreign spot is too valuable to spend on him.

1 Like

Iā€™m not convinced. We have 5 foreign spots. We can afford to ā€œwasteā€ 1 on fit Rodwell

1 Like

How far off permanent residency is he? Id consider keeping him around on a cheaper performance based contract if he didnt count for a visa spot and we still bought in a visa CB. If not and heā€™d rather stay in Sydney and retire rather than moving to keep playing, Iā€™d definitely find some or other coaching role for him. Hes still a class player whod still be in the EPL/Championship if his body could handle it. Hes got a lot he could still teach our young defender/mids and probably have handy contacts in the UK.

Alternatively we can just show that clip of him at AAMI Park that went: hospital pass in to Caceres, diving in and getting skinned, refusing to chase back and even attempt to mop up.

ā€œDonā€™t do any of that. Class dismissed.ā€ - Wilko

1 Like

We wasted two on defenders this yearā€¦

Why on earth would you waste a foreign spot on someone who is lucky to be on the park for half a season, when the football world is so big it shouldnā€™t be too hard to find someone who is reliably fit AND at least marginally better than local CB options.

In fact, there is very little Iā€™ve seen this season of Rodwell being worth another contract, even when he was on the park.

2 Likes