The La Liga Thread

This morning’s nil all clasico result was the first time the fixture had been goalless in over 17 years.

Madrid were more dominant and had a goal disallowed. Threatened pro basque disturbances didn’t happen, bar some beach balls being thrown on the pitch.

Ernesto Valverde has amazingly been sacked by Barca despite winning two league titles in his two and a half years in charge. Barca cannot seriously claim any moral high ground over Real Madrid anymore, especially when it comes to sacking successful coaches.

La Liga now suspended for at least two weeks.

Barca confirms Koeman as new head coach for two years. Apparently he was only looking at one year to start off with. Interesting what he does with a team who’s star players are really starting to get on with age

I’d really like it if he does great, wins La Liga/Copa double, gets to UCL final (beaten by Liverpool of course) then is sacked because they have to get Xavi in, and Xavi turns out to be absolutely honking as a coach.

Barcelona board resigned

And then they beat Juventus (without Ronaldo) in Turin in the Champions league

Last sunday the socios elected a new president. Joan Lapota won the election by 54%. He was already the president during the golden era where Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique and Busquets started to become stars, where they’ve wone the sextuple with Pep Guardiola as a coach. He also signed some amazing players llike Zlatan, Henry, David Villa, Alexis Sanchez or Xavier Mascherano. So Barça fans seem to be happy and looking into a great future.
Probably Victor Font would have been the better choice as he had more of a long term plan. But let’s see how it goes. Barça has a lot of young promissing players.

Griezmann back to Atleti on loan with an option to buy for €40M. Can only laugh at Barca getting absolutely rinsed having paid €120M for him.

Don’t forget that they sent Luis Suarez there as well to make room for him.

I think that was a year later and they played together for one season, but yeah, combined with the Coutinho deal they have well and truly burnt every pile of cash they got from offloading Neymar.

There seems to be a huge trend to loan with option to buy this window

most clubs will have zero cashflow during the crisis. That way teams can offload wages at least, and then get paid for the player when there’s a bit more money

Also try before you buy

1 Like

Re structure in Spain for leagues this year.
Primera
Segunda
Segunda b
Tercera

Has changed to

Primera
Segunda
RFEF Primera ( 2 groups of 20)
RFEF Segunda ( 5 groups of 18)
RFEF Tercera ( 18 groups of 18)

Racing de Santander is in RFEF Primera. I have just signed up to footers streaming service. They provide lots of lower level leagues, including Seria B. South American mob I think, anyone know anything about them? 70e for season, includes liga professional Argentina.

I read in the paper that Xavi payed 50pc out of his own pocket of the $5m release fee.

I went to a Barcelona FC store at an outlet type place. For the first time ever, I got the hard sell from an employee 145e for a playing shirt! ( minimum wage is under 1000e month.)

Wonder if it is a coincidence?

Koeman paid it’s 6 Mio release clause with KNVB also out of his own pocket. But now as he’s been sacked Barça has to pay him back. Probably the deal with Xavi is a similar one.

Everything in the Barça stores are insanely overpriced. My two SFC shirts with shipping to Europe were about the same price as one authenthic Barça jersey. They really don’t make their money from locals

1 Like

Back in third division. …—RFEF Primera.

Santander have an 18 yr old, Pablo Torre an attacking midfielder. A player to keep an eye on. Going really well with lots of big clubs keeping an eye on him.

Pablo Torre has signed for Bareclona, stays with us for remainder of season. 5m euro with upto 20 m in intangibles ( I don’t understand)

When complaining about Paramount, compare to this— our pokey company Footers has suddenly stopped showing games in 3rd division ( RFEF Primera), due to some legal shit, right holders saying they can’t continue 2/3 the way through the season) must be an on-selling situation. I’ve paid for nuffin…

Looks like Footers haven’t been paying bills. To Fuchs Sports ( owners of rights) so they are putting it all on Thier site no cost, for the rest of the season. Ongoing shitfight I think .