The La Liga Thread

Barcelona’s stadium will be renamed to Spotify Camp Nou.

I look forward to buying tickets in the Joe Rogan grandstand

2 Likes

Front of jersey sponsor too I believe

First time in their history. Shows how much money they need

“More than a club” indeed.

Barcelona - the brand new, multi million dollar musical.

Racing de Santander has just directly ascended to Segunda, at home, full house 22,000 and 4 rounds to spare!

Early game too, players to have lunch then go to the council plaza to celebrate with the city!!!

People getting around yesterday wearing real Madrid flags too…

Woke up to feed and change the babies, chucked on the second half of the Barcelona v Celta Vigo game, and it’s the most dramatic 20 minutes of football you’ll see.

Barcelona went 3-0 up within 5 mins of the second half starting. Celta Vigo pull one back 5 minutes later. 5 minutes after that Celta get a red card…

A few minutes after that 2 Barca players go up for a header, head clash each other. Both go down. Couple of medicabs come into the field, and an ambulance.

Ronald Araujo gets put in the back of the ambulance but it can’t drive off the field as the y can’t get the hydraulic lift in the back of the ambulance to work lol.

Best thing you can do. If there’s a night game, offer to do the night shift, then all you need is some headphones and you’re suddenly the most amazing husband ever! My daughter was born at the start of the Euros, twas amazing

1 Like
1 Like

Saw that yesterday hahaha looks like they’re going to have to do another massive sell off that was planned as an emergency. If just feels like they’re kicking the can down the road?

Good. That’s pretty much the only way Barca and Real are ever going to learn their debt lessons.

I still remember when Barcelona used to wear unicef as a shirt sponsor

1 Like

I remember when barca didn’t need a shirt sponsor

That whole “we don’t need to sell ourselves, we’re more than a club” gimmick turned out to be a pretty solid piece of bullshit.

1 Like

Opening weekend of Segunda. Trying to sus out who is broadcasting. Seems to be a dogs breakfast, 9 companies, 6 or 7 of them will start showing games in September. Most seem to be tie ins to internet of phone contracts.

In Primera, there used to one game a week on free to air, nobody wanted it this year/ too expensive.

Barcelona is in hot water being busted for paying big money over years to vice-president of referees for advice…

What’s happening with Malaga, seems like a total shit show? Moving over next year so probably will pick up a season ticket.

Segunda -Racing on 30 pts 2 pts above relegation.

A team on 28

Malaga and another team on 22
Last on 19

Seems they have stuffed up their recruitment, I read they have no decent wingers on their books. Injuries, low budget? How many coaches so far this season?

Not a good place to be, there is a decent gap above relegation zone too…

Yeah, not great. I read that they are cashed up too from the UAE.

Surprised that they still get like 17k a game to watch them.

Malaga V Racing Sunday night. Game sold out.
Some hope after recent win for Malaga.

Racing 33pts 5th last

Relegation zone
29 pts
25pts Malaga