The motorsport thread

Leclerc now Bossing it at Ferrari. Great to see for a young guy who has suffered a lot personally.

It also looks like Ferrari have to decided to back him over Vettel or at the very least treat him equally. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Vettel move on at the end of the season.

That was a remarkable race from Leclerc. Mercedes threw everything but the kitchen sink at him and the kid kept his cool and didn’t make a mistake, unlike his four time championship winning teammate. Yes, he had the straight line speed which helped him out of the Parabolica but Hamilton gave it a red hot go into the second chicane and Lesmo and Leclerc, on harder tyres, kept him out.

As he’s 21 years old, the only question now is how MANY championships Leclerc will win.

How cool would it be if Vettel went back to Red Cunt Racing and him and the whinging Dutch cunt spent two years crashing into each other?

4 Likes

That would be my second favorite thing in F1, behind Renault no longer being a total pisstake.

Another bad accident in Formula 2.

Watching Ferrari last night was immensely enjoyable

Hanging Vettel out to dry on worn tyres, after he asked to pit, in order to have Leclerc go by, was one of the worst things I’ve seen in F1. Just let them race for fucks sake. They’ve both ignored team orders at various times (Leclerc refused to give Vettel a tow in qualifying at Monza), so why do they even bother?

All I watch is the highlights.

Even that is boring.

While I can remember a few occasions where pit strategy has clearly helped one driver over their teammate (Mark Webber’s first podium comes to mind – he should’ve been 2nd), I don’t remember the “undercut” being such a huge thing up until the past couple of seasons. Is it just the rule about having to use both types of tyres? Or something more specific about the tyre characteristics more recently? Or is it just that it never had a name before?

The Ferrari thing was unnecessary, dumb, and really ham-fisted. But it’s better that team orders are out in the open rather than the days when they were illegal but used anyway, and I couldn’t help but chuckle at a little karma finally coming Vettel’s way for Multi-21.

As shit as the supercars series is, they do go top shelf for Bathurst.

Another pants destroying race today.

1 Like

Far more exciting, versus the Suzuka race, and even that had a high number of overtakes for an F1 race.

1 Like

F1 2021 regulations: key changes

• Ground effect car
    Long diffuser to generate downforce
    Reduced downforce from front wing
    No barge boards
    Easier to follow other cars
  • $175m cost cap (excludes driver salaries)
  • Larger 18in wheels and low-profile tyres
  • Race weekends cut to three days
  • Cars 3-4sec per lap slower
  • Max. season length increased to 25 races

25 F1 race weekends is absolutely absurd. All the while trying to incorporate a pretty tight cost cap for F1 teams. Major lols.

25 races is getting a bit silly. Some teams have been talking about splitting in two squads to share the workload. The $175 million team cost cap might stop that though.

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for winning his sixth world championship. He really is a ridiculously good driver.

He’s really only had one rival for the last 5 thou no?

When Schumacher got 7, I thought it would be a long time before anyone even got close. Hamilton’s switch to Mercedes was well-timed, but I don’t think he’s had a car as dominant and definitely not a teammate as compliant as Schumi did for a lot of them. Kinda hoping he gets the seventh next season (unless Ricciardo is in the mix somehow) before the 2021 shake-up.

I wonder if they’ll come to their senses on the 25-race thing before it actually happens. It seems unsustainable.

I’ve been watching formula one for an embarrassingly long time and I genuinely feel that Hamilton is one of the best ever, if not the best. It’s difficult to find a flaw in any part of his game. He’s hugely talented, genuinely fast and can seemingly pull out an impossible lap at will. Hamilton has excellent and intelligent race craft – it’s obvious he thinks in cockpit much like Prost did. Hamilton has formidable mental strength. You simply cannot pressure him into an error. He’s consistent. Even when faced with car and set up problems, he’ll still be there or thereabouts and can seemingly sit on the very edge but look comfortable there.

But what also sets Hamilton apart is that he’s fair. While Senna and Schumacher could and did, pull out the odd cunt act to secure them championships, I can’t think of a time when Hamilton deliberately drove anybody off the track. He’s squeezed drivers but always left them room. There’s a fundamental decency to Hamilton’s character, even when Nico Rosberg was behaving like a complete bitch to him in 2016.

In interviews Hamilton comes over as a rather nice bloke. Slightly eccentric. A bit of a hippy. Christian. Has a lot of interests outside of the sport (Mercedes lets him get away with murder) but always thoroughly professional.

Hamilton will do seven championships and see out the 2021 transition. Then we’ll see what he does.

2 Likes