The motorsport thread

@Phormic All of what you’re saying is right.

He still gets on my nerves.

1 Like

I agree mate. I think it’s the, “look at this fantastic crowd” we get after every fucking race!

I’m rather indifferent to him, which may be a reflection on the amount of effort I put into being interested in F1 these days. But he isn’t a whiny cunt like Vettel or insufferable like Verstappan.

And I’m at a loss to explain why so many dislike him.

Its because he’s a successful black man in a white world isn’t it?

The hip hop stuff probably grates on people who grew up on a diet of Mansell and Hill. Personally I find his public veganism really interesting - he’s very smart about it and is a force for good in that sense.

There is just something about him that shits me. Part of it is this has been a boring era for Ferrari fans. I only really love the nerd drivers though.

He was a massive arsehole earlier in his career but leaving McLaren to join Mercedes was the best thing he could’ve hoped for in terms of his personal development (never mind all the championships he’s won). He’s a lot calmer and more mature, has improved his race intelligence considerably, and has cut out the stupid incidents and controversies he used to get himself into.

Young man becomes older and calmer?

Well, there’s a shocker there.

he’s an arsenal fan

Hamilton’s relative unpopularity (although anecdotally, girls seem to like him) is odd. Particularly when more limited drivers like Mansell (renowned for being a moaner and whinger) and Damon Hill (mentally fragile) were hero worshipped in England.

I would hope it’s less to do with race and more to do with Hamilton jet setting around the world to glitzy fashion shows and music festivals. Not many formula one drivers are dripping with tattoos and jewellery either. We never saw Johnny Herbert with cornrows.

It’s because he’s mates with Justin Beiber. Fully justified IMO.

1 Like

He comes across as smarmy. Maybe more so in his younger days, but it’s still there.

7 career podiums! 3 of them top step!

Rename this thread now!!!

1 Like

Mike Raymond had died.

For many of us he was the voice of Bathurst.

Ah man. :frowning:

During the bits of the 12hr that are actually racing and not some pit interview or indepth strategy anylsis or an ad break on 7mate I’ve decided that the Supercars should get 1 set of tyres for the entire 1000km race.

Fuckin’ Straya.

1 Like

Poor bugger has has it’s world interrupted and has no safety that it can see.

NASCAR driver learns that dropping the n-bomb on a livestream is very much a career limiting move.

The amount of people attacking iRacing on Facebook over it is unbelievable

Why is it iRacing’s fault?