The travelling circus: stadia discussion

Thought it was just fabric/material onto which you could project images.

A roof that covers more of the seating will do the reflection. Hard surfaces are the best sound reflectors.

It is very strange that the club was unaware of the decision to scrap the two-mode system.

I hope it will take me through six circles to cross the road to make it just that bit more fantastic than tibby cotter

The new stadium is pretty much exactly the same. Even the roof isn’t that much better.

This whole thing has been an absolute farce.

1 Like

Are you saying that the Government didn’t consult SFC about this? What a surprise… :thinking:

Below is a screenshot from a UEFA document “Guide to Quality Stadiums”

(Warning: very large PDF)

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/EuroExperience/competitions/General/01/74/38/69/1743869_DOWNLOAD.pdf

When calculating the rake of a stand they use a formula called a “c-value”. Now looking at the screenshot below of a two tier stadium; the rake on the top tier will be designed for the maximum c-value benefit but the rake on the bottom tier will be designed so the last rows fit under the top tier. Maybe still a decent rake but never as good as the rake in the top tier.

Cheerleaders?

Well that part’s unsurprising, but it is concerning that SFC haven’t been following developments more closely (when it was plainly obvious to anyone who read that analysis document that the government were not going to stick with the two-mode plan).

How can the club effectively lobby for the stadium plan we want if they’re not aware of what the current plan actually is?

1 Like

Also this whole discussion has been based on a document published in September. The change may have since been reverted after consultation with the existing tenants?

This is a great document as well, also discusses c-value.

Isn’t there a restriction on the roof that it can’t be higher than the roofline of the terraces along Moore Park Rd?
Unless they dig down (putting the surface below the waterline of reclaimed swampland) how can they increase the capacity & rake without exceeding the height limit?

One would hope so, but surely if that were the case DT would’ve mentioned it on Twitter rather than just repeating that the club “expects” the two mode system.

I’m guessing that there will now be some discussions between the clubs and the SCG trust/state government. If reassurances were made, then there could be grounds for legal action which may result in a reversal of the decision (or compensation).

Ahhhh…if you complete the 6 cycles whilst chanting “Tibby Cotter, Tibby Cotter” you will reach a state of consciousness where you forget how much the bridge cost, and how it came to be where it is…

2 Likes

That was CLASSIC!..imagine all their drunk supporters going to the Cumberland Roast!
I was actually at the SCG when they won their first comp, pretty sure it was 1964 or 5…Turd Grade.

I know this is a massive aside;

I’m remember seeing the footage on the news and the “Boys will be Boys” reaction the media made.

Parramatta Stadium

Anything that takes away from Allan Jones’ powerbase is a good thing. There is nothing good about the sway he holds over politicians.

Daley won the election when he stood up to Jones.

And this is about the funding model. Not the stadium per se.

Which oddly enough didn’t have any safety issues until the last three years …

geez that Parra stadium does look the goods. Hope we can move in there for the next 5 or 6 years or longer whilst they sort our stadium out.

It was a fun exercise to wander around Sydney using a few different suburban stadiums but we need a proper base or I feel it will kill a lot of our support sooner or later like it did with WSW. Granted we are a much better run club but still

1 Like

Not sure about the open back at the top though. A good western Sydney storm would have people in the back rows soaked.