The travelling circus: stadia discussion

Update on our hole in the ground.

1 Like

Still a hole then

1 Like

AAMI Park cost $268 million in 2009, so let’s beef that up to $300 million in today’s dollars. Replace the overly fancy roof with something simple; add larger screens, sky blue seats, steeper rake and some safe standing. Done. Why do we need to spend nearly triple that? Particularly when our entire fucking state is on fire.

Please stop linking the two, you’re just embarrassing yourself.

Oppose the stadium rebuild if you like, I’m certainly not going to hold a grudge their, but you just sound like that rugby union dickheads when you make those comments.

1 Like

Whoah ease up there, bud.

The money was never going to the RFS, to build a hospital or to build a school.

No amount of newspaper (Or forum) outcry was going to change that.

The issue with the Allianz rebuild is that the SCG Trust initiated it. The trust have lobbied to have the government pay for a stadium rebuild that they then manage and profit from, and their priorities are to maximise profits, so they want facilities that are attractive to corporates and SCGT members. Therefore, unlike an AAMI Park or Bankwest stadium, Allianz will be like a luxurious hotel (at least in the corporate and membership areas), and that type of fit and finish costs a pretty penny. I’ve said it before, but there are facilities like a gym and swimming pool for SCGT members that are part of the remit.

We’ll benefit from a world class stadium, but it’s going to be at least 15k seats too big for all three tenants, but again, that’s because the SCGT priority is to maximise profits, and having concerts in a 45k stadium brings in a lot more cash than a 30k-35k stadium.

Guess this is a stadium thread so

Would have to be New Parra, you’d think. It would be soooo delicious, All that salt. Yummo.

6 Likes

Christ, anything but ANZ.

1 Like

It’s not “enemy territory”, it’s OUR city you roaring ejaculating bell ends.

6 Likes

NorWesters won’t need it on that weekend OR the 2 that precede it

This is fucking stupid. Please stop.

1 Like

It’s fine. Who are you to tell others what to do.

Look in the mirror,it’s stoopid

I enjoy the North-West FC cracks, but only because it seems to annoy them.

I’m completely ambivalent .

I’m still sulking about tards.

1 Like

If ya ever read their Forum,they continue to refer to FC as East Sydney.
So it’s appropriate to return the favor!

With McArffa claiming SouWest Sydney,then there’s MidWest Sydney and NorWest Sydney available…

I choose the later because I’ve never heard of a Mid team?..They probably would like to be Mid table instead of steadily sinking to where they should be…tenffff!

1 Like

imagine standing in their active area and we’re 2-0 up in the GF and we do the Poznan just to rub it in even more in their face

1 Like

They’ll be picking the Cove stickers off the safe standing bars for the next decade :wink:

8 Likes