TV Ratings and Revenue

8 games with 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm kick offs. I guess if you get lights 5pm and 7pm become viable but that’s an extra cost.

And yes, this is an AA perspective.

Although most AA leagues should be reduced to 60 min games. The fitness generally aren’t there for 90 min games.

2 Likes

With 60 min games you could get an extra 2 games in per basic field per day.

I missed the 2nd part, yes maybe employing a lobbyist could produce quite a good return.
It seems our various state confederations aren’t very good at this.

I think that stuff applies to the US.

Here, I imagine they’ll just shut this shit down.

5 Likes

Always been amazing that someone continues to pay Robbie to write words that are so unreadable.

2 Likes

Paramount is about a quarter of the price of Kayo too

2 Likes

On this, it’s like the bloke running academy complaining about people milking kids for money

2 Likes

I’m almost convinced his French is more fluid than his English.

Looks like the price of Optus Sports is going up another 3 bucks a month

That’s just to prep everyone for the 6 buck hike in 6 months.

1 Like

Paramount’s lost the FA Cup rights now, it’ll be on Optus this season

2 Likes

Makes sense. They just have more money!

Given the uncertain future of paramount, I wouldn’t be surprised if bidding for or extending contracts to rights has been halted

1 Like

I saw something tonight watching 10play that I’d not seen before.

Tara, Waleed, Grant Denyer and co all spruiking advertising packages “for your next big campaign”, with exposure on 10play and P+.

“Call and speak to your personal sales executive now!”

I understand that is how broadcast TV is funded, but I’d not seen them wheel out all the personalities to help sell ad space before.

1 Like

I actually saw them mention the A-League on Optus Sports. In the past they’ve pretended that football in Australia doesn’t exist.

I wonder if they’re thinking of going for the rights if/when Paramount falls over.

1 Like

Only mentioned when its convenient for them? Sounds like an awesome partner in the making.

I don’t think we’re likely to find a broadcast partner who will be “ride or die” with Australia’s third or fourth football code, from their money-centric POV. We’re going to have to settle with playing the field a little bit.

I don’t watch a lot of Optus Sport content but to be fair, I’ve seen them reference the A League quite a bit over the years, and in a good context.