TV Ratings and Revenue

How novel.

Whoever heard of such a thing!!

Someone in marketing must have watched Gruen. How else did they find out about this advertising malarkey?

Genuine question. What on Eurosport is actually worth watching?

Itā€™s about the only place Australians can see cycling these days.

Cycling as already mentioned. All the alpine and nordic skiing.
About the only sports worth watching apart from football.

I think it is fairly obvious why A-League ratings have dropped.
It was only ever watched by"Sheilas, Wogas and Poofters"
Now that all the poofters are burning in hell, there has been a 1/3 drop in viewers.

1 Like

Got a bike lane outside my place, Iā€™m good.

And with the original wogs dying off and the boats being stopped, thereā€™s another 1/3.

1 Like

Well, at least the Sheilas seem to be right into it still.

except theyā€™re all too busy being lesbians.

The world has gone mad

Their idea of a marketing campaign will be to run some ads on Foxtel during A League matches.

1 Like

Very much over estimating that one. I was assuming the campaign will be one of their mates telling another mate about the game and asking them to tell another mateā€¦

1 Like

Yoshi V2.0

I just read that all finals matches will be live on channel 10, or 1 their offshoots. Hope its in HD

So, according to Media Week, and trying to compare apples with apples here, on Fox:

Bulldogs v Souths - 207k
Storm v Chooks - 275k
North Melb v Bombers - 203k
Sunwolves (?!?) v Hurricanes - 34k
Adelaide v Victory - 21k

Do we still think we donā€™t have a problem and theyā€™re all just watching on kayo?

Yeah the ratings have been fucked. Even if those are doubled, this has been a shocking season.

Hopefully the independent A-League would mean more money for advertising. We need it.

I ditched Fox for Kayo ages ago.

Was paying ~$85 a month for the HD sports pack and a bunch of other shit like ā€œGeordies who canā€™t handle their pissā€ I hardly ever watched. I now pay $25 a month for the same football content, minus LFC TV, but now available whenever on demand.

Iā€™ve got a mates Optus login for free EPL and Champions League too. Sorted.

Itā€™s been a terrible season in terms of competitive interest. I still find it hard to believe that so few people are really watching, though Iā€™m in the bubble.

Anyone know how those figures are measured? What is the sample size of Foxtel boxes? I thought it was a few hundred which made it very unreliable for measuring smaller audiences in particular.