UK Politics Thread

Tories absolutely annihilated in exit polls. Let’s see what they actually end up with

1 Like

It’s absolutely fucking glorious. They’re already following the Dutton playbook, claiming they weren’t conservative enough… Landslide loss (in theory) to the left, and they’re claiming they weren’t conservative enough…

Comes at a really good time considering the general slide of Europe to the right. In saying that, can see that correct itself in the next set of elections in Europe. I feel like the mainland Europe trends are more to do with the “grass is greener” than anything else

1 Like

With Farage forecast to get 13 seats, you can see how the right of the tories will be licking their lips at this.

Starmer will win by doing and saying fuck all - a genius political move: “I’m not the other guy”

1 Like

A screen grab from Sunaks election day tv appearance.

3 Likes

the man just wants to be back in the private sector

Im assuming he was emulating Trump?

looks like a screenshot from a cuckolding video

4 Likes

I still think our election night coverage is superior with progressive total updates, but I do love the aspect of making all the candidates stand up on stage as results are read out.

scratch that, looks like I may have been wrong about the conservative stuff, so far in 10 out of 15 seats lost by the Tory’s it’s due to people voting for Reform. Maybe they weren’t conservative enough…

Thats assuming everyone who voted for the torries would have still done so if they went further right

It’s mainly down to their idiotic system.

It’s the same reason Labour will get a stupid number of seats - and the same as the Tories got a massive number last time. There is no preference or run off moderation for candidates.

1 Like

Racists couldn’t bring themselves to vote for brown guy.

1 Like

I didn’t know when I was living there until I tried to turn a door knocker away and they explained it to me

BBC have revised down on reforms projected seat numbers now (labour too). Tories increased.

That’s a bloodbath

Yet comically not as bad as they feared!

Well theyve got the majority already.

As funny as it is to see the tories get demolished the underlying numbers show just how ludicrous their system is.

Currently:
Labour = 36.1% - 326 seats
Tories + Reform = 37.1% - 74 seats

SNP absolutely smashed too.

Turnout under 60%

Conservatives completed destroyed in Wales (zero seats).

The seat where I live (Lewisham West and East Dulwich) unsurprisingly went Labour, but Greens second by a long way. Tories less than 4,000 votes. Beautiful.

1 Like

Labour’s share of the vote increased by 1.5 points which naturally corresponds to an increase of fully a third of all seats in the Parliament. Cracking system.

Lib Dems getting 3% less votes but 40 more seats than Teform is just a bad system (not at all supporting Reform)

Also seen a bunch of seats with one of the following

• Conservative wins with just over 30%. Labor plus line dems or a left independent combine to over 55% of the remaining vote

• Labor similarly win with low 30/ high 20s but the conservative and reform combination gets to well above 50%