W-League 2020/21 Fixtures

On the plus side, Brisbane finally lost (In fact, they got smashed pretty hard.), so we’re 5 above both Brisbane and Adelaide and all of the top 3 have just two left to play. So, we need 2 from 6 possible points or if Brisbane and Adelaide draw on the 12th we’ll have already won the Plate before our game on the 20th. Ours to lose. Finals a different story. Any of the top 4 can beat any of the finalists. Often true in the Dub but especially this year, I reckon. And no City, so totally wide open!

Just realised the next game is a Big Blue double header at home.

Girls kickoff at 4:35, boys at 7:10.

Hope to see the girls secure the plate then and there.

Sydney FC supporting closing the gender gap.

I am not sure a football club really wants to open that can of worms.

1 Like

It’s good for the club to stand for something and to be on the right side of history. Our Dub team look to be our best chance at silverware this season. They deserve to be making professional level salary as footballers.

1 Like

Yeeeaaah, ignore what I said. Vuck can still technically catch us. Canberra too, only if they win their last two with heaps of goals and we lose our last two, but still. But a draw between Brissy and Radelaide tonight would take out two major Prem competitors, so.

Brisbane unsurprisingly with a comfortable lead, alas. It’s gonna be down to us keeping the focus.

A win next weekend against Melbourne Victory will seal the Premiership.

What a fantastic way to do it, beating Victory at home to grab more gold for the sky blue.

1 Like

If they could wait a week and celebrate in Canberra that would be perfect for me, thanks.

1 Like

At Jubilee, a double header. What a day ahead on the 20th.

535pm on a Friday is the dumbest fucking kickoff time ever :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
And not just cos I finish work at 6

bad news - it’s on even earlier, 4:35pm

good news - it’s on saturday not friday lol

Talking about the Canberra game

You sure look sick on Friday.

1 Like

I’ve got my tickets for the Canberra game.
Can’t wait to get along and celebrate the premiers plate with the girls.

Polkinghorne off to Sweden just before the finals.
Big news for us there, as that experienced spine of theirs looked indomitable when they came to Leichhardt.

Some of us are heading down to Canberra on Friday to watch the Dub team hoooopefully claim the Premiership.

https://fb.me/e/B6DQc2Ql

Would not recommend flying unless you have no other option and strike gold, as tickets are way too expensive for such a short flight. The Murrays, Greyhound and TrainLink are all good options with concession allowance. Obviously, drive if you can/want to. If you want to offer carpool services, let people know on the FB event page. Also, a good place to discuss accommodation options and getting to the stadium.

We’d really appreciate anybody making it down with us to support a fantastic side and it’s definitely a good trip. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

The ground is nowhere near the bus/train drop off, a good 20-odd minute drive on a good day further south.

They’re a bit behind the times in the good old ACT but they do have public transport with a tap on/tap off option. And Uber. Anyway, that’s one of the discussions that can be had on the group. My accommodation is in a hostel in inner Canberra, but there’s also Airbnb options nearer Wanniassa.

Now Emily Gielnik is also off to Sweden, also before the finals.