We all like fried chicken - the MLS thread

100% agree. They make Speed sound like John Motson.
Watching with the sound off and listening to music

Columbus beat Seattle 3-0 to win the MLS Cup, Brad Smith came on at half time and got forward heaps without really creating anything of note, he also got skinned for the 3rd goal which killed it with about 10 mins to go.

Can’t be unhappy for Columbus, the fans fought to keep their team a few years ago when they were on the verge of being relocated to Austin (the club was instead sold and the ex-owner is now starting Austin FC from scratch next year). Also, Smith is somehow still only 26, he would absolutely kill it back here.

I appreciate also that they kept their interesting club name, I like that most MLS teams have a more US style of club branding. So many “~~~ FC” across every league, I much prefer the variety.

MLS has kicked off again, seems there’s a bunch of games being broadcast this weekend but LAFC hosting Austin’s first match isn’t one of them. If anyone knows of a stream tomorrow… :pray:

Same whinge again, Austin finally opening their new digs and playing at home tomorrow morning, looks like Kayo are showing every game but that one. FML.

That’s annoying. It’s a great looking stadium and they had a cracking tifo to kick things off.

I knw I shouldn’t but I always think A Liga should be on the same level as the MLS. I know they have population and money but seeing Austin FC pack out their own stadium is frustrating.

Irrational hatred for the Galaxy just escalated on discovery of them having a player named Dunbar.

2 Likes

Fuck Dunbar!

Anyone else follow A-League memes on FB?

Some absolutely bonkers shit happening in the stands at MLS games at the moment :rofl:

Biblical figures ripping guitar solos, Columbus Crew fans with a jack hammer :joy:

Soccer Moses and the “Let My People Goal” sign is my new favourite thing in football.

I saw the jackhammer dude. No idea how that’s allowed as it would be more annoying than a stadium of vuvuzelas.

Love a unique, non-european (traditional) football culture. Stupid AF but you could see how much fun it would be.

1 Like

Austin a lot like early season SFC, some great football but just can’t hit the back of the net. Then cop one like this to lose 1-0 at home:

Can only stand and applaud. Feel for the keeper, he’s rightly looking to sweep a through ball but then gets fucked by the deflections, outstanding read and technique from Ruidiaz though. Ooft.

I know the MLS gets a bit of stick for being too plasticky as a league, but the #savethecrew documentary done by COPA90 is excellent.

Feel like I’ve said this before but I pity anyone who doesn’t watch the MLS highlights show.

Not available on demand on Kayo so you have to catch it as it’s being broadcast on the Bein channel, but it’s the most entertaining 30 mins of fitba every week without fail. So jam packed they don’t even have time to show replays for half the cracking strikes.

This week is MLS rivalry week, goals galore, another batshit crazy El Trafico, woodwork seems to have been hit about 57 times all up. It’s glorious.

2 Likes

It’s great and really is like a cousin of the A-league with its own brand of wackiness. Also can’t say I’ve see many penalties at all smash the post like that but still go in.

Just another day averaging about 4 goals per game in the MLS. Austin vs San Jose was batshit crazy.

Go Timbers

So what’s this about a side having no shots on goal over 120 minutes but winning on penalties?