Western United Thread

The gift that keeps on giving

FMD. The self-importance of active supporters in this country knows no bounds.

What a colossal wanker.

Shit, when you posted it above I thought it was a joke. FMD I canā€™t believe he did that.

I hope they create an online forum so I can laugh at them daily.

best fans in the league

At least they can be confident their top boy would be at every game, cos thereā€™s no hope in hell heā€™d miss one cos heā€™s getting laid instead.

That blokeā€™s ex-North Terrace - no wonder heā€™s such a bell-end.

Who the fuck is Jim Lawrence?

3 Likes

What is a jim lawrence

A tributary river in Canada?

https://dailyfootballshow.com/western-united-stadium-deal-official-crest-really-close/

You gotta shake your head.

Will Western whatevers sign Fornaroli to play alongside the Greek guy they have signed?

Real Racing De Santander use green and black, over 100 yrs of history, some nice designs along the way.

The German club I follow (Borussia Monchengladbach) use green, black and white. I think it looks pretty good.

Itā€™s a great colour combo. Iā€™m surprised itā€™s not used more in football.

Between the grass and backdrop of the crowd, that colour combination would be difficult to pick up as a player, especially peripherally.
Last week, in bright sunshine, I had difficulty picking out the green shirts of my team mates on the 2 sides of the ground that had trees in the background. Luckily they wear white shorts and this is what I could pick up.
I can only imagine how difficult it would be at night time, with black shorts instead of white, to quickly pick out your team mate against a backdrop of a crowd mostly wearing black.

I have vaguely in the back of my head that thereā€™s some research which shows that teams who play in green are more likely to win, Iā€™m guessing because while your players are used to discerning their teammates wearing green, the opposition typically isnā€™t used to it.

Can you show that research to the team we played as we lost 4-0 :wink:

It makes sense if that research is true but, considering the ā€œmarginal gainsā€ era that weā€™re living in, the lack of top flight teams wearing green even as an alternate strip probably means that its findings have been debunked.