Western United Thread

Yeah I think theyre just thinking if they announce a manager and then sign players they might miss out on some worthwhile additions.

1 Like

Pretty sure that Rudan has given them details on how he wants to play and what type of players he’ll need, and they are doing the recruitment, most likely with final nod coming from Rudan.

If WP stuff it and drop out of the 6 does Rudans star go down with them?

I don’t think so but it certainly can’t help the playing group with the rumours of him moving on.

I won’t be surprised if they sign Adam Federici as their GK. The Australian GK stocks are pretty thin at the moment and although Jack Butland will probably move on in the summer I can’t see Stoke going with him as their #1 next season.

Wasn’t Federici pretty disparaging of the A-League a while back. I’m not saying that it’s impossible, it might just require more money.

Personally I’m thinking they’ll get Birighitti.

Kurto has been a pretty good argument against having to sign Aussie keepers. If theres no available nothing wrong with using a visa spot.

I think Galekovic will retire at the end of this season so Birrighitti will be City’s #1 next season.

Agreed but they’ve used 1 visa spot already and I think they’ll use 3 to cover CB & Attack so unless one is Asian then they won’t have a slot available.

The 4+1 was blocked by the clubs so its just 5 visa spots

1 Like

Aspro at centre back in your team list RedKat

Oh yeah htought I forgot about someone.

On FFT someone mentioned Kone might be ditching them to move back to Greece. The article linked has no quotes but an interesting google translate

“It looks like it’s the future of Panayiotis Cone in Australia, since Melbourne’s newly established club, Westers Melbourne Group, faces particular difficulties.As all this seems, the new team of the Greek team does not meet the requirements of the League and is not expected to be ready to join the A League in time”

Wouldn’t surprise me if Birighitti is unhappy about being left on the bench this season, and unwilling to stick around even if Eugene is gone.

After my post I read that he has unfollowed City and followed Victory on his Instagram.

Logo is apparently:

its not bad.
all things considered. less is more, simplistic etc.

I can’t wait to hear the designer artistic bullshit that accompanies these things.

Western Vnited?

They can be sponsored by Bvlgari

1 Like

Walk out song by Chvrches.

2 Likes

are we sure they aren’t going to be called Western Victory?

1 Like

Yeah not bad but the date of establishment from a new club is a bit weird.