Where are they now?

4 Likes

I hope we negotiated a sell on clause.

4 Likes

Fuck thatā€™s some good business.

Bit of a blast from the past.

One of the best Sydney FC goals of all time, Brendan Renaud v Lost Angeles Galaxy during the 2008 Pan Pacific Championship in Hawaii.

Unlike our mid-season friendly against them, we lost this 2-1 following a 3-0 defeat to the Houstan Dynamo.

2 Likes

Always makes me laugh how Brendon Renaud ended up playing for us,

I donā€™t remember. Wasnā€™t he an injury replacement signing?

He worked in the Sydney FC offices as a coaching development officer, also played for Blacktown if I recall right. He was brought onto the squad as an injury replacement.

1 Like

Pretty sure he was at Blacktown at the time.

Itā€™s not like he wasnā€™t an NSL player.

There was also ā€˜kit manā€™ Ryan Walsh who played in the same tournament. He was at Blacktown as well, at the time was ā€œassisting with the kitā€ for Sydney FC and I think later on became a community officer with the club.

3 Likes
1 Like

OK.

Itā€™s getting beyond ridiculous now. What dirt does he have on the Yokohama FC board members that has him keep signing contracts and going out on loan.

It was a funny novelty at first, and Iā€™m not being ageist here, but what is possessing these clubs to take a late 50s player and think ā€œyes, a fine addition to the squad to achieve the goals weā€™ve made this seasonā€.

Like heā€™s barely playing any gametime at all. Youā€™d hate to be a 16-17 year old youth player and then find out your opportunity is being scuppered because the clubs signed a bloke old enough to be your grandfatherā€¦

1 Like

Now? Itā€™s been ridiculous for 10-15 years now.

Heā€™s trotted out for a cameo here or there and itā€™s heā€™s taking advantage of some facet of Japanese culture that doesnā€™t let them tell the ederly to jog on.

Yeah who wants to be the one to pull out the plug on grandpaā€™s life support, but on a national scale? I kinda assume he will even continue to get a contract after he has shuffled off this mortal coil.

Perhaps the Japanese worded their loyalty cap discount poorly, meaning that he actually counts for negative cap space for each extra year they keep him on?

1 Like

Dunno about anyone else, but Iā€™d be pretty fine with us rolling out an almost-60 Rhyno - glorious silver mullet starting from a hairline thatā€™s receded all the way behind the ears - from time to time.

9 Likes

A thick silver-bearded Alex Brosque at 57 would likely have all our tongues wagging!

2 Likes

icanonlygetsoerect.gif

6 Likes

In a roster restricted league with a salary cap?

Nope.

Hater.

Iā€™m choc full of hatorade.

1 Like