Where are they now?

Is it still a mullet if he’s bald on top?

Ask 6th century Byzantines or the Beastie Boys.

1 Like

Still looks the same! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCdoO7v8HcQ

Weekend at Kazu’s

6 Likes

On 10 June 2024, Mak’s return to boyhood club and reigning Slovak champions Slovan Bratislava was announced.

Club’s manager Ivan Kmotrík Jr. announced the two-season contract highlighting Mak’s “great football quality and determination to fulfill a dream of playing for Slovan at the new Tehelné pole stadium”.

Mak’s signing was requested by the manager Vladimír Weiss Sr…

Upon singing, Mak expressed his cordial relations with his youth club, life-long affiliation as a Slovanist, 2016 interview for the club television channel, in which he expressed the desire to play for the club, and laid out goals of a successful European campaign and a successful title defence.

6 Likes

Good media work…. For a big man

11 Likes

I’m not familiar with that political ideology, are they more Marxist-Leninist-Maoist or Anarcho-Syndicalist?

3 Likes

From memory, it was originally a nationalist movement that emerged after the Velvet Revolution of '89, and was heavily influenced by Beckenbauer’s use of wing-backs at Italia '90.

3 Likes

Wildcatbackismistically!

2 Likes

Splitters!

1 Like

Shoulda inverted em.

Well this doesn’t reflect all that well on us:

fark, handled really unprofessionally… Although a bit of that’s on Corica too. I doubt Corica was telling him he’d be staying without discussing it with the Director of Football and the higher ups. Stupid thing to say in the first bit. Definitely feels that we’ve lost a lot of that professionalism and family culture under Arnold

2 Likes

Sounds like Bimbi was trying hard to keep him. Of course Alfie is disappointed but we have only heard his side. Wouldn’t mind him coming back for 1 more year but doesn’t look like it can happen now

Sounds like Corica was saying he was trying to get him to stay and Corica was disagreeing with the board and lost.

Big shame it ended that way as he was such a great player for us.deserved a send off and clarity

Should be noted he’d have had that record if he didn’t fuck off to India for 9 months or whatever. :wink:

14 Likes

the Director of Football rings me going ‘no you’re going, we can’t afford you’”

“In the back of my mind, I’m thinking they want to get rid of me but don’t want to say it.

Just sounds like Corica wanted to keep him and the club was saying no. Not great communication for sure. Maybe poor on Coricas part if the club was clear and he was muddying the waters in that respect.

I don’t want the same money, I want a bit less

Hard to know how much work this is doing too.

The salary cap and foreign player restrictions always make this things a bit awkward.

I don’t think he’s necessarily annoyed at the fact that club decided to not keep him. He’s annoyed at the manner in which it was carried out. He got told he’s leaving right before a semi-final. That’s just crap.

2 Likes

Yeah, sounds like he is professional enough to accept that his time was up but wanted a) a bit more notice and b) a chance to say goodbye

1 Like